Te eligo, iterum atque iterum πŸ’Œ

Te eligo, iterum atque iterum πŸ’Œ

You once asked me how often I thought of you.

Here is my answer;

I don't just think about you,

I think about who I would be without you.


The thought of losing you cuts through my skin.

It opens wounds you and I have stitched closed, with patience, with silence,

with the shared agreement to keep living anyway.


If I were to choose who to be with in every life,

I'd choose you, over and over again.

I don't care how, where or when.

It's a promise that I would keep forever.


If the world made a maze of water between us,

if years learned my name before you did,

I would still turn my face toward home—

not for glory, not to be remembered,

but because return has always meant you.


I would choose you

in wars that erase memory,

in quiet rooms where waiting becomes courage, in lives where the gods are cruel

and mercy is something we invent together.


If loving you required descent,

measured steps into a dark that listens,

I would go.

Even warned.

Even knowing that faith sometimes breaks

on the sound of one backward glance.


And if I lost you there—

not by choice, but by the cruel rules of being human.

I would still say it was worth it

to have walked beside you at all.


I would choose you

in lives shaped by waiting,

where devotion looks like endurance,

where holding on is its own quiet defiance.


Te eligo, iterum atque iterum.

Not because destiny insists,

but because I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Prayer Against Wanting

What is this feeling? A beautiful ache— a blade dipped in honey. I'm divided in two, and I don't know what to do. AIs he really genu...