Helloooo Hellooooo

 welcome to my little corner of the internet ♡


Hi. Hello. Welcome. You can put your shoes wherever. There are books everywhere, someone is probably crying over a fictional man, and I am currently overthinking something that happened three years ago.

So… welcome to my blog.

I'm not entirely sure what you're supposed to do when you start a blog, so I'm going to do what I do best: overthink it, romanticise it, and then write anyway.



Welcome to my little corner of the internet—a place for the things that occupy approximately 97% of my brain at any given moment. 

But before that, let me properly introduce myself.

My name is Jana, and I am an 18-year-old, 5'2, Nigerian girlie who has somehow decided that giving the internet access to my thoughts is a good idea.

This is either going to be the best decision I've ever made or the beginning of my villain origin story.

Probably both.

I'm new to blogging, so please bear with me while I figure out how to make things look pretty, remember what I'm talking about, and resist the urge to delete an entire post because I reread one sentence and suddenly decided it was embarrassing.

I am, by official unofficial diagnosis, unhinged, chronically overthinking, aggressively whimsical, romantically confused, emotionally attached to fictional characters, an enthusiastic yearner, occasional menace, recovering people-pleaser, and proud owner of approximately seventeen unfinished trains of thought.

But I am also a girl who loves words.

So naturally, I decided to make a corner of the internet dedicated to them. 

This blog is going to be a collection of yearning, literature, poetry, relationships, friendships, feminism, faith, music, movies, musicals, random thoughts, and probably several questionable decisions.

🥀 A LITTLE ABOUT ME

Since we're basically strangers and I have decided oversharing is an excellent foundation for friendship:

1. I'm 5'2.

This is important information.

Not because it matters.

But because I will bring it up whenever I can.

2. I'm Nigerian. 🇳🇬

Which means I can simultaneously be deeply sentimental about my culture and complain about Nigeria within the same five-minute period.

Balance.

3. I love poetry.

I will read one devastating poem and then spend the next six business days staring into the distance.

4. I LOVE musicals.

There is a non-zero chance that I will understand a situation better after hearing it sung.

"It's quiet uptown..."

Oh.

So we're crying today.

Wonderful.

Whether it's broadway, or on screen. I LOVE musicals.

5. I am a professional overthinker.

Someone could text:

"okay"

And I will immediately begin investigating.

Tone.

Punctuation.

Historical context.

Possible motives.

Relationship timeline.

I have accidentally become my own FBI department.

6. I love kittens.

Tiny paws.

Tiny noses.

Tiny little creatures committing crimes without consequences.

Honestly? Inspirational.

7. I like my food spicy enough to question my life choices.

If my eyes aren't watering, was it even seasoned?

8. I am a huge reader.

I don't simply read books.

I live in them for an irresponsible amount of time.

Sometimes I finish a book and experience genuine grief because I have to return to reality.

9. I am a feminist.

Am I pro-choice? Yes.
Do I support equal rights? Absolutely.
Do I believe women should be able to choose whether, when, and who they date? Without a doubt.
Do I stand against violence and abuse against women and children? Always. No excuses, no exceptions.
Do I believe feminism means hating men? No. It means believing women are human beings who deserve the same dignity, freedom, safety, and opportunities as everyone else.


10. I am fascinated by human behaviour.

Why people love.

Why they leave.

Why friends betray each other.

Why people lie.

Why we stay when we know we should go.

Why we remember certain sentences for years.

Basically, I am constantly asking:

"But why did you do that?"

11. I love stories.

Books. Films. Musicals. Poems. People's lives.

Give me a good narrative and I will dissect it like I'm preparing evidence for court.

17. I am simultaneously dramatic and painfully self-aware.

I know I'm being dramatic.

That doesn't mean I'm going to stop.


✦ So... What Is This Place?

Honestly?

I don't completely know yet.

But imagine a library after midnight, a little red velvet theatre curtain, a courtroom with questionable legal arguments, a diary covered in pressed flowers, and a girl sitting in the corner scribbling poetry because she has too many feelings and absolutely nowhere else to put them.

That's basically this blog.

Here, we'll talk about:

Yearning.
The kind that has you listening to Hadestown at 2 a.m. like Orpheus personally wrote the soundtrack to your situationship.

Relationships.
Romantic ones. Platonic ones. Family ones. The ones that should have ended three months ago. The ones that never began but somehow still broke your heart.

Friendships.
Because apparently being a girl and having friends is sometimes just signing up for an emotional subplot you didn't audition for.

Books & literature.
Give me a morally questionable character, a suspiciously beautiful sentence, and enough emotional damage to fill 400 pages and I'm seated.

Yes, I have read the Mindf*ck series and, no, I will not be taking questions at this time.

Musicals.
If I randomly start quoting Hamilton, Wicked, HadestownEPIC: The Musical or any musical, mind your business.

Sometimes you need a musical to explain what your therapist couldn't.

"Wait for me..."

Girl, I AM WAITING.

Poetry.
Because sometimes prose isn't enough.

Sometimes you need metaphors, roses, blood-red imagery, gardens, ghosts, oceans, and one unnecessarily devastating final line.

Feminism.
Because I have thoughts.

Many thoughts.

Some of them have citations.

Some of them have footnotes.

Some of them would probably get me kicked out of a family WhatsApp group.

Faith.
Because somewhere between questioning everything and believing anyway, there is a very real, complicated, beautiful relationship with God.

I don't have every answer.

I'm just willing to ask the questions.

Law.
Because apparently I looked at life and thought, You know what would make this more stressful? Studying law.

And now I'm studying it.

God help me.






✦ One Last Thing...

I don't want this blog to be perfect.

I want it to feel alive.

Like scribbled notes in the margins of a favourite book.

Like a conversation at 2 a.m.

Like finding a pressed flower inside a novel you haven't opened in years.

Like hearing a song and suddenly understanding something about yourself.

Like sitting beside someone who says:

"Wait... you think about that too?"

So if you've ever been too sensitive, too curious, too dramatic, too romantic, too angry, too hopeful, too much, or simply too full of thoughts

Hi.

You might like it here.

Pull up a chair.

There are books on the floor, poetry in the margins, probably a kitten somewhere, and absolutely no guarantee that I know what I'm doing.

But we're going to have fun.

Welcome to my little corner of the internet. ♡

— Jana




No comments:

Post a Comment

A Prayer Against Wanting

What is this feeling? A beautiful ache— a blade dipped in honey. I'm divided in two, and I don't know what to do. AIs he really genu...